Kheyl Bin

Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Worst in Singapore and JB,and some even say Batam

Went down from Camp to Bugis to meet WF and gang for steamboat. The list of participants include Wenfang, Chamaine,Ferrene, Michelle, Ching, Quiling,Celest (WF's friend). WF persisted on the $10 steamboat while I suggested the $15 one.

The $10 no Fuzhou fishball,wanton and free flow of drinks. And Im a big drinker, of lime juice, had 3 glasses when the others only had 1. Nothing much to say about the steamboat place lah, just that we're surrounded by mainland Chinese. Its a trend everywhere that the chinese will have to occupy at least 50% of the tables.





And after dinner we proceeded to C.A.N cafe for some drinks. It was some dark n lousy place and WF said can go upstairs, I was hoping it would be different. End up its still lousy above. Wr ordered 4 drinks only (av of $7 per drink). I didnt place an order because im very tight this month. Wallet lah! Not down there. The waitress came back up and said "My boss say you all need to order 2 more drinks" Where got such thing? We ordered and 1 pot of tea was mine.

Other than that obligation, patrons are shifted around because their management was damn bad. 1 poor couple had to shift twice just to make space for the bigger groups. The waitress should have assigned them to their seats beforehand instead of shifting them around after they got seated. They are not sheep you know! And you are not a sheepdog!


After an hour where everybody had their drinks, I didnt have my pot of tea. I was thinking, good lor, I dont have to pay then. Called for the bill and it came up to 8 drinks! Dumb management. 2 drinks were not ours, and they didnt know whose it were. My tea was not served and I got it rectified. That was 2 trips to the cashier and around 20mins to get it all done.

Finally I went to the cashier,rather than let them come to me. The sheep have came home when they present the bill to me....I had to do it personally! Found out that the kitchen is so messy and there is only 1 manager and 2 mainland chinese waitress. Dont know how this run down place with lousy service can survice the high standards of present patrons. Well maybe thats me only.

So next time you wana go somewhere, ask me and not WF. I would bring you somewhere nice but be prepared to let your plastic do some exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home