Kheyl Bin

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Patient Diagnosis

Spent almost the whole day at SNEC today. I was seen by my grandmother's neighbor who is now a associate professor there. The doctor I was originally going to see wasn't there, don't know why the nurse booked the appointment for me today also.

I was referred to another professor specializing in cornea.Ok coming to the main point, the doctor said my case was very unusual. As you can see from the diagram below( or look at my eye if you can get to see me in real), I got a patch of red which I thought was a blood clot. It was diagnosed as some abnormal blood vessel growth.I chose to undergo surgery lah....as usual Im that vain!

Lets touch on the procedure:

1) Section A removed
2) Section B removed and patched onto part A ( fibrin glue is used to put the section in place)
3) Section B will grow new tissue back with minimal scaring


I will be in the clinical trial to use the fibrin glue instead of stitching back the tissue. The glue is made from human blood (Yucks). Dont know if im considered lucky to be the first few to use this glue or maybe im just a lab rat . Anything goes as long as I can get pretty eyes.

I was concerned on how can I actually keep my eye from not moving about during the procedure.

The doctor has his ways of doing it of course! I will have an injection on the lower eyelid deep into the eye. This is to make paralyze my eyeball. Strings will be attached to 4 corners of my eyeball so the only way it could move it by the doctor pulling any of the 4 strings.

Sounds sick? Yes I think so too! But as long as I wont feel the pain or see any grotesque stuff I should be ok. The surgery is scheduled in May so I still have time to have my wisdom tooth extracted. Hee more MC. Be prepared to see fat Kelvin in autumn.