Kheyl Bin

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Freshest Fish in the World

I was watching this Chinese cuisine show on Channel U. It was featuring this carp which is really fresh,let me describe the cooking method.

1)The carp is caught from the tank
2)Descale the fish and make cuts in the flesh
3)The head and the heart of the fish is wrapped in wet cloth so that it stays alive during the frying process (YES the fish is ALIVE! Notice I did'nt mention to kill the fish?)
4) Fry the body of the fish while holding the head in wet cloth
5)Carp is served and while its still grasping for its breath

How could anyone have to heart to eat it? If there was'nt the head,I would eat it bacause its just like any other dead fish but this is different! The eyes of the carp is wide open looking at the diner while he picks the flesh from its body. At this point,I would'nt imagine being the carp...would be my worst nightmare.